Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy 2018!

Happy 2018!

I successfully let this blog flounder for all of 2017 - but it was a bad year anyway so any posts would have been whiney.  Here's how it went...

In April, I broke my foot.  Like, BROKE IT broke it.  I tripped while walking (on a sidewalk, not running, just walking.  You know, *graceful*) and ended up dislocating my entire big tow away from my foot.  I also broke it  - I had two plates and 11 screws holding it together.  I was consigned to bed rest because I absolutely had to stay off of it.  And it took 6 MONTHS to heal.
One plate and the 11 screws.  Pen added for size comparison
It wasn't the *best* of times.  I finally got a boot to wear and one of those knee scooters to use, so I could leave the house once in while.  Jeff had to come home at lunch every day to walk the dogs - it was a strain there for a while.  In October I had my second surgery to remove the hardware, and I've been relearning to walk ever since.  I'll never wear flip-flops again.

In the midst of all of that, we ended up having to put both our dogs down.  It was traumatic and so sad - they both were just very old and could no longer function well at all.  Charlie began to get aggressive, Fiona went blind and deaf, at any rate, it was a huge blow to lose them both.

We found out in August that Jeff was being hand selected for a job - a job that will be a big life changer for us!  We were told the paperwork was going through at thtat moment, and we should anticipate being in Maryland (again, yes) in November.  I quickly began packing up the house because I would need to get most of it done before my second surgery when I would again be on bed rest.  So, you see, my ENTIRE HOUSE has been packed since September.  No pictures on the walls, second bedroom furniture sold and gone, almost everything in the kitchen packed.  I've been living with one small frying pan and one small pot now for four months, along with a pile of cardboard boxes in my dining room.  Because, see - he IS up for this job, and the paperwork IS going through, but since it's the government the pace has been less urgent than we were given to believe.  Less RUNNING and more of a *stroll*.  Now it's January and we still haven't received the final offer letter yet.  My patience is running thin here.

And the capper of it all - Jeff's brother passed away just before Christmas.  From complications of cancer and all other manner of things.  We just buried him on December 27th.

It's been one shit show of a year.  *clink* here's to 2018, may it rise from the ashes like a phoenix.

So tell me, how did YOUR year go?




3 comments:

  1. Last year was the biggest shitshow year I've had in the last 19 years. There was def something in the air in 2017. And now we're rolling around to 2019. Train keeps rollin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to share my experience with the entire world on how i got my ex lover back and saved my Relationship… I have been dating my boyfriend for 1 year and i have been living happily with my boyfriend until things started getting ugly with me and my husband that leads us to fights and arguments almost every time… it got worse at a point that my boyfriend wanted a broke up… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him with all my heart and didn't want to loose my boyfriend but everything just didn't work out… He moved out of the house and still went ahead to boken up with me … I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when my friend introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster called Dr Sam, Who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try it because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did the spell for me and things really work out as he promise and my boyfriend have a change of mind and come back home to stay with me and the kids. And promise never to hurt me again. we are living happily as it was with the help of Dr Sam. If you are in need of help you can contact Dr Sam via email okokakspellhome@gmail.com. You can also contact him through his mobile number +2349060421250

    ReplyDelete